I have over a decade of experience in AAA game development.
I am currently an Environment Artist at BioWare. I joined the team in August of 2021 and am working on the new Dragon Age game, Dragon Age Dreadwolf.
I am also a part-time instructor at the Toronto Film School for their online video game art program. I teach and mentor students in modeling, environment art and level design, and the Unreal Engine.
Prior to joining BioWare I was a Layout Artist on WarFrame at Digital Extremes contributing my expertise to many major updates including: The Jovian Concord, Heart of Deimos, The New Railjack, and The New War.
Before Digital Extremes I was a Level Artist at Ubisoft Toronto after working my way up from the role as a junior modeler. During my time at Ubisoft I worked on a number of titles in Ubisoft’s flagship franchises including Assassin's Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, and Splinter Cell.
- creating pitches, and brainstorming early planning with team members on new updates
- Developing visual benchmarks and art direction for new and remastered tiles
- Working with designers on level layouts
- Modular kit development, asset and texture call-outs
- First pass lighting, effects, and skybox
- Level performance and optimization passes
- Responsible for creating curriculum for the Video Game Animation online program
- Teaching students the basics of the Unreal 4 Engine, modular construction, and production art workflows
- Give lectures on creating art for game spaces
- Review student work and provide feedback
- Creating large structures and landmarks with emphasis on modularity
- Sculpting high-poly models for props and architecture
- Creating PBR textures
- Sculpting, painting, and collection systems work on the terrain
- Asset placement, scene depictions, large and small scale storytelling
- Work diligently with level designers on layouts and mission flow
- Ensure readability and player guidance within the game space
- Work closely various project and department leads on artistic direction for the game space
- Ensure levels perform to the highest quality on all platforms
- Work within the technical restraints of the engine while maintaining artist vision
- Incorporate data from play tests for better player experience
- Create tasks for prop callouts with detailed instructions for outsourcing partners
- Used Quixel Suite to create textures for props and structures
- Researched and gathered reference for proposed locations
- Responsible for modeling and texturing many large landmarks with a strong focus on modularity
- Used Zbrush to sculpt unique and ornate architectural elements
- Used 3DsMax and Photoshop to create props
- Technical troubleshooting on dev kits to ensure stability and all platforms
- Assisted Level Artists with composition, prop placement, storytelling, and mission flow